Carol began broadcasting in 2000 for the youth sports programme “Sportsbuzz”. Within a year she was a field reporter for the soccer show “Soccer Special” and soon earned the prestigious accolade of being the first female sports anchor of major TV show, “Mabaleng”, previously hosted by Robert Marawa and Martin Locke. She also hosted the 2003 and 2008 “Miss South Africa and Miss South Africa teen” pageants.
In 2011 she had the esteemed honour of hosting the biggest soccer accolade in the world- The FIFA Ballon D’or in Zurich with CNN anchor- Pedro Pinto. In 2012 she was a guest of honour in Zurich.
As a radio journalist, Carol moved from Kaya fm, where she compiled and presented daily sports bulletins for the breakfast show to Radio 2000 where she now anchors “Beyond the Game” daily from 15h00-18h00, the first dedicated drive time sports show in SA.
Carol is also a seasoned ring announcer and her passion for the sport of boxing and professionalism has seen her ring announce many top class bouts and world title fights.
As an MC, she has hosted, amongst others, the following events:
* 2010 FIFA Ballon D’or Gala
* 2011 SA Sport Awards
* 2011 FIFA football symposium (Frankfurt, Germany)
* The 2010 FIFA world cup preliminary and final draws
* FIFA congress 2010
* Launch of Football for hope centres in Khayelitsha and Alexandra
* The Presidential sports awards
* 2009 FIFA Confederations cup draw
* Annual Premier soccer league awards
* Annual Boxing awards (every year since 2003)
* SABC 2 New years eve concert
* Launch of the African cup of nations
* 2010 World cup bid book handover
* The launch of SABC Sport
* The launch of the ABSA cup
* Miss SA pageant (2003 & 2008)
* United school sports association of South Africa Awards
* Launch of new Nike headquarters
* Blue I.Q Nelson Mandela marathon
* The Kaizer Chiefs end of season awards
Contact details for booking Carol Tshabalala : email@example.com